Cyntech is seeking a Project Administrator in our Calgary, AB office to provide administrative support to the allocated Project Manager, accountant, and related field project teams.
Cyntech, a Keller Company, has built a solid reputation throughout Canada as an industry leader in providing innovative, comprehensive, and reliable storage tank cleaning, upgrading, and construction services. Our team of skilled engineers and API storage tank experts has been providing solutions in the petrochemical industry for over 35 years.
- Completing administrative tasks and managing documentation associated with specific accountable projects.
- Provide project reports on key metrics to the Project Manager as required.
- Providing administrative support for project staffing – payroll and expenses.
- Hiring crews and tradespeople in support of project deliverables.
- Arranging field crew travel arrangements.
- Arranging field rental vehicles as required for field project teams.
- Supplying coveralls as required by field project teams.
- Supervising arrangements for Drug and Alcohol testing.
- Arranging welding tests as required.
- Tracking safety certificates – ensuring they are up to date or arranging for training to be done to obtain/renew tickets.
- Posting job advertisements to attract new employees (internet, newspaper, etc.).
- Drawing up employment contracts for field crews.
- Escalate issues to Project Managers as required.
- Treat all customers, internal and external, with respect, courtesy, and integrity.
- Maintain effective relations with the field project teams through an excellent attitude, good knowledge, efficient work practices, and proper documentation
- Team player
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience in hiring tradespeople/contractors, and a good understanding of issues facing recruitment in the Oil and Gas industry
- Knowledge of the industry, recruiting skills, employment and contractual regulations in multiple Canadian provinces, drug and alcohol regulations, and basic accounting understanding
- Possesses good verbal, written, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Qualified candidates should have a BS degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering
- Should have 1-2 years Civil Construction or Structural Construction experience